Click the link below to register for a South Carolina or Georgia course with a credit card. To request an invoice for check payments, click here to submit a registration form. Return forms to email@example.com. For questions, or to request a trainer for onsite training at your convenience, contact Ellyn Learn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 733-6185.
Basic Work Zone / Work Zone Technician
Controlling traffic through work areas is one of the most important -- and dangerous -- operations in construction maintenance. The Work Zone course is an introduction to work zone set up, focusing on specific requirements from the MUTCD.
- Introduction and overview of the MUTCD
- Rules and codes related to public roads
- Legal requirements for local governments and public entities with regard to roadways and liability
- Uniformity of traffic control signs and devices
- Temporary traffic control for streets, roads, bridges and utility repairs
- Developing plans for temporary traffic control zones, utilizing typical applications in the MUTCD Part 6
- MUTCD Part 6 I: Roadway incident management
Who should attend? Individuals with safety and health responsibilities in highway and street construction; bridge, tunnel, water or sewer construction; concrete, utilities, or paving industries; state transportation and county or municipal street/public works departments.