170.00 Members/190.00 Non-Members
Work Zone Technician
This Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) introductory course in Work Zone Traffic Control helps participants develop safe temporary traffic control strategies to maximize both the employee's and the road user's safety.
- Introduction and overview of the MUTCD
- Rules and codes related to public roads
- Legal requirements for local governments and public entities with regard to roadways and liability
- Uniformity of traffic control signs and devices
- Temporary traffic control for streets, roads, bridges and utility repairs
- Developing plans for temporary traffic control zones, utilizing typical applications in the MUTCD Part 6
- MUTCD Part 6 I: Roadway incident management
Who would benefit from taking this course: Public agencies, municipalities, and private companies who have the responsibility for placing, removing and/or maintaining temporary Work Zone traffic control on all public and private roadways open to public travel.