October 21, 2023
8:30 am - 4:30 pm ET
NSC South Carolina
421 Mission Ct.
Irmo, SC 29063
Driving Academy Certificate
Driver's academy provides an introduction to motor vehicles and the traffic laws in South Carolina. Students will learn essential safety lessons on topics like driver disposition, road conditions, speed and crash risks. With behind-the-wheel training, students will learn about parallel parking, three-point turns and railroad crossings as well as rural, city and interstate driving.
$350 Registration Includes:
- 8 hours of classroom instruction
- 6 hours Behind the Wheel Training
- Lunch (usually pizza!, please bring your own lunch if a special diet is needed)
- FREE SCDMV Road Test with our certified instructors to get their restricted/license.
After completion of the course, the student will:
- Be familiar with the operation of the motor vehicle
- Prove a general knowledge of traffic laws governing the safe movement of motor vehicles
- Identify poor decisions/choices in the operation of motor vehicles
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency behind the wheel
- Identify driver problems (crash and violation of unsafe driving practices)
- Adequately discuss the role of a driver on the highways
Interested in reviewing the full curriculum? Download the course syllabus.
South Carolina residents may apply for a permit at age 15