4-Hour Defensive Driving
July 14, 2023
9:00 am - 1:00 pm ET
4-Hour Defensive Driving Certificate
This 4-hour highly interactive defensive driving course is designed to motivate drivers to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes. The curriculum is designed to help you avoid collisions and traffic violations by sharing:
- the highest level of defensive driving knowledge and skills,
- the benefits of being a safe and responsible driver and
- the techniques for avoiding high-risk driving behaviors.
The curriculum is similar to our 8-hour course, but it is shorter in duration. SC law requires drivers to complete an 8-hour class for point reduction. Your certificate can be used for insurance premium discounts (where offered by your insurance company).
Gain the knowledge and safe driving techniques that you can apply to prevent collisions and traffic violations. Today, over 100 people will die on our roads. Our goal is to eliminate traffic deaths entirely, and you can do your part by applying the techniques discussed in this course and safely sharing the road with others (drivers and non-drivers alike).
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify your own personal driving behaviors and tendencies
- Identify behaviors that can be controlled and factors beyond a driver’s control
- Share the road with other drivers and identify your individual responsibilities when driving
- Recognize potential hazards when driving and make appropriate driving choices to avoid those hazards
- Identify risky driving behaviors that, statistically, lead to the most collisions and fatalities on the U.S. roads
- Choose safe, responsible and respectful driving behaviors in different driving situations and conditions
- Evaluate your current driving choices and behaviors
- Identify alternative driving choices and build a personal plan for making effective driving choices
Access to internet
Computer or tablet (not compatible with phones)
Class workbook (mailed after registration)
Zoom link (shared within 24 hrs of registration)