On a typical day, more than 700 people are injured in distracted driving crashes across the nation. Every hour, a South Carolina driver crashes because they are distracted behind the wheel - that's more than 8,000 collisions a year! Talking on a cell phone, even hands-free, texting, or programming an infotainment system diverts your attention away from driving. Keep yourself and others around you safe and #justdrive.
October is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Did you know there is a lot you can do to prevent distracted driving?
- Set up your drive to eliminate distractions like in the video below.
- Download the social media kit to tell others about the dangers of distracted driving.
- Take the pledge to drive distraction-free.
Employers Inspire Change
Motor vehicle-related crashes are the leading cause of workplace death, and employers must do even more to help protect their workers on the roads. Start the conversation with your employees during Distracted Driving Awareness Month, and download materials to keep workers engaged year round.
- Customizable policy template
- Policy implementation guide
- 5-Minute Safety Talk with accompanying PowerPoint Presentation
- Understanding Distracted Driving Fact Sheet
- Multitasking Quiz